Following a plant-based, vegan or vegetarian diet is not a synonym of boring food, horrible food or eating salads all the time, and this recipe is the very proof that you can still enjoy some delicious meals. This is my vegan/vegetarian version of Alfredo Pasta. It’s really creamy, tasty and guilt-free, so I eat as much as I want without any regret. I would dare to say this is far better than the traditional recipe, no more to say so let’s get into it…
- 250g of the pasta of your choice (I used tagliatelle).
- 4 tbsp of white flour (you can use oats or coconut flour instead).
- 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk.
- 3 cups of water.
- 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- 1 of red bell pepper cut in thin slices.
Notes: clean and disinfect the red bell pepper and the cherry tomatoes before using them.
- Pour 3 cups of water into a pan, add salt to taste and put it on medium fire.
- Pour the pasta when the water is boiling.
- You have to use another pan to make the cream. Pour into the pan 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, 2 tbsp of olive oil, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, ground black pepper to taste and 4 tbsp of flour of your choice (white, oats or coconut flour).
- Let both the pasta and the cream cook for about 6-10 minutes.
- Strain the hot water from the pasta and add the cream to it.
- Let it cook for about 5 minutes more and then remove from fire.
- Let the pasta seat for 3 minutes.
- Serve the pasta and then add the red bell pepper slices and the half cherry tomatoes on top of it.
- Accompany with bread and red wine, yum!
Lagom Lifer, I hope you enjoy this healthy, guilt-free recipe and I would love to see your pictures on Instagram, you can use the hashtags #lagom or #lagomlifestyle and I will repost you picture. And as always…
Thank you for reading!